3.06.2008

a march update.




Someone was complaining about the lack of action in here, so Sara, here you go. I guess there isn't that much to keep you busy in Grenada...

So the G Unit (Gracie) has continued on her usual schedule of eating, sleeping, barfing, etc... in truth she is a ton of fun for both Jenny and me. She is a fantastic sleeper, usually going for 10 hours a night, although the last two nights she has not followed this trend... she had better get back to it... Maybe she is just anticipating the daylight savings time change. She is clearly very intelligent.

She was wearing clothes that were allegedly for 6-12 month olds. This is significant as she is only 3 months old, or three and a half, or something like that.

Jenny is still enjoying being a mom, and tells me each afternoon how much she loves doing laundry, cooking, cleaning, and all that stuff.... Either that, or she has hooked up with a little social group of moms who have kids of similar age that she and Grace go out and party with all the time. I often get home from an arduous day of working in the coal mine to find an empty house and a small hastily written note stuck to the fridge that says something like "were at the movies, there is an ice cream sandwich in the freezer you can have for dinner. Don't wait up." or something along those lines... I guess thats just something I will have to learn to live with!



Grace also is destined to be an Olympic swimmer. Like any proud parent I am extrapolating this conclusion from the mere fact that she seems to really enjoy bath time. I mean, thats a pretty direct correlation between enjoying baths to being in the Olympics right? I guess thats ok, just as long as maybe she can just be like a syncro swimmer. I would rather not have her end up with bigger shoulders than me... that would be a little creepy.



I think that should be about all for now... Maybe keep your eyes out for me on the PGA tour next year, as aside from school I have been practicing my golf swing. I'm pretty certain that I will be on tour in a matter of months. Jenny will be a few months behind on the LPGA tour, since she has recently obtained a pink driver courtesy of Grandpa Chang, from whom all golf gear flows in the Wilkes family.

Till next time,
Mark

7 comments:

Jayson & Sara said...

Much obliged!!

Brad and Karen said...

She is a sweetie alright, we enjoy looking out our window at the ocean with our laptop on also looking at her pictures!

Allie and Spencer said...

yay!!! I'm finally rewarded for checking your blog daily for pictures! Little gracie is so cute-I hope to see her soon. Love Allie

Kristy Carpenter said...

Oh my goodness what a doll!! I love the pictures! Miss you tons!

HeatherM said...

it's about time guys!! Gracie is so cute & just like Ady. Ady is 2 months & has on 3-6 months clothes that aren't going to fit much longer. No fare on the sleeping. I thought Ady was doing good with 5 hours being the longest & that's only happen once. Jenny you keep having fun with the other mom's these days of babies & Dad in school won't last long enjoy.

david said...

oh yeah, i know her, that's ma goddaughtah!

Unknown said...

I can't believe how big she's gotten! She is a perfect mix of you two. So much for the hand-me-downs, seeing as she wears the same size as Violet. We're excited to go see you!!