







We tried to do our best at representing the Wilkes family at Santa Cruz this year. Each year for Memorial Day weekend a bunch of families camp at New Brighton beach in Santa Cruz. This is a tradition that Mark's family started back when he was just a toddler. the Moss family picked it up about ten years back. So, of course, Marl and I are THRILLED to continue on with our own little family. We were able to share a great camp spot with my Moss family; it was a little bit sad being there without the rest of the Wilkes fam!
Grace was an AWESOME camper. She actually slept better in her little porta-crib than she often does at home. She's always been a big fan of the outdoors; New Brighton was no exception. She played at the beach, ate some starfish (delicious), rode the CaveTrain (just a little bit scared), visited the tide pools, walked to the cement boat (SO long), napped in the tent, and was just an all around stellar camper.
And yes, I am wearing Mark's trucker-esque hat in our family photo in front of the sign. Classy.I loved being able to just hang out with our family of three all day, every day. So very blessed.
8 comments:
what a trooper - looks like a fun trip
sounds so fun! cute kid by the way.
Yea!!! The picture in front of the New Brighton Beach sign! Good work, campers! Thanks for putting up the darling pictures of the family. We almost feel like we were there! Hope you had an extra smore for us!
Love Grandma and Grandpa K and B
It so good to see you guys camping and see how big little Gracie is getting!! I love the picture of you guys in front of the New Brighton Beach sign...it has christmas card written all over it!
Fun! Looks like you guys had a good time. A little different than what it used to be huh? We are all getting SO old! Too bad we didn't make it...maybe next year with our little one...
Looks like you guys had a great time. I have been so jealous looking at everyone's pictures of Santa Cruz on their blogs. I am glad that you three were able to go, however I'm sure it wasn't the same without the rest of the Wilkes family. The Smith family was sad to not be represented there this year either, and hope to get back there next year!
OK - random comment...I met a girl the other day who knows you! Her name is Eli (don't remember her last name), but she said that her dad took you and her to San Fransisco for her birthday one year...anyway...random connection I made the other day that I wanted to share with you! Miss you tons!! Love ya! PS - Grace is getting cuter and cuter every day!!!
So, that last picture of Grace just makes me want to kiss her cheeks.
Please, let's get our children to marry each other. I think Atticus would be a good fit because she's probably already bigger than little ol' Jonas.
You guys are all adorable.
Post a Comment