9.14.2008

Im doing this

www.auburncentury.com

so there is this bike ride thing next saturday. I have been doing a lot of riding this summer, with the aim of doing a big ride around now. In this particular ride there are a few different options, and I have convinced my brother David to come out and ride the 110 mile route with me. I expect it will be difficult.

http://www.auburncentury.com/outlaw.html

you can read a description of the route there. There is more climbing than I have ever done, and I am kinda excited about it. Hopefully there will be a post-ride update next weekend if I make it.

The part that will be interesting is a timed hill climb. I signed up for it just for kicks, but that was before I had seen the hill. It is called Iowa hill, and it is a climb out of the American river canyon. Its almost 2 miles of a 10-14 percent grade. I went out to try it last Monday and had to stop and rest 3 times. Hopefully I can improve on that.

http://www.auburncentury.com/pdfs/2008_110_mile_map.pdf

There is a route map if you care to look.

3 comments:

Mindy Sauther said...

I am anxious to hear about the "after race" part.

Jessica said...

Yowza--Good luck!!

Jenny said...

i bet the 'after race' will be substantially different than an 'after party'

how did tee and dave do in the lotoja? sounds like alan had a successful ride.