9.07.2008

Mothy bothy poo
















So, we've had this ongoing battle with moths for over seven months now. We'll kill one here or there, find a cluster in a container and hope that we've found the source. But they always come back. The other day I walked into the pantry to find Two moths on a new stack of paper plates. Nasty, I know. This was the final straw for me.




Mark came home to find the entire contents of the pantry strewn all over the table and floor. That night we set off a bug bomb. The next morning we scrubbed all the walls, shelves and floors down and started to put it all back together. Don't worry, we threw out anything that wasn't in a can and started fresh.




Grace was a huge help, as always.




Things definitely got worse before they got better, but the end result was totally worth it. We even decided to take a preemptive strike this time and load each shelf up with a moth trap! I have to admit that I am very proud of how organized the pantry is. Such a rewarding task! Now the trick is keeping it that way...

4 comments:

Brad and Karen said...

I COVET YOUR PANTRY and all the ziplocs and paper cups and tin foil and Saran Wrap it contains!!! I also feel your pain of the moth invasion. Here, we only see the occasional cockroach or jumping spider.

Jenny said...

I would take a swarm of moths over jumping spiders any day! yikes!

John and Morgan said...

Oh it looks like heaven! How happy! I can't believe how big Gracie is!

Jayson & Sara said...

The other day Sara opened the flour container and there was a giant roach in it, eating or something so we had to throw everything out and start over. It's kind of nice but its hard to keep it clean...already looks bad again. Oh well, your pantry looks great! miss you guys