12.11.2009

breakfast

grace love, love, loves to crack eggs. whenever we make anything calling for eggs, she is our designated egg cracker. i love baking with this sweet girl. the fun part is that aside from a few spills, she's actually really good at the eggs. rarely any shells, and she prefers to crack one handed. very talented.
this morning we were making the dough for my grama peggy's sour cream sugar cookies. don't judge by the name, they are incredible. the weather's been nice and rainy. perfect for making cookies. especially if making cookies involves grace and pinkie (the mixer, obviously.)

9 comments:

Emily said...

oooh, love using the mixer. love your pink one too! my little 3-year-old is my designated egg cracker too. he has sat on the counter and cooked with me since he was 6 months old and he still loves it. cute.

Brad and Karen said...

I'll be sure to invite her over next time I make my easy oven omelet which calls for 18 eggs!

Alys said...

So fun! I want to make some cookies now.

John and Morgan said...

That picture is darling. I'm so impressed! Poor pinky has had a hard life - what with being ransomed and all...

Kaydence said...

I love those cookies. Tiffany gave me the recipe when I got married and I make them every year. The best.

Grace is a born chef.

When will the fates bring us all together again?

Gant and Ashley said...

Oh Gramma's sour cream cookies! YUMMM!!! I love all your pics of gracie girl, so precious.

Jessica said...

carter is our egg cracker too! so fun!

Danielle said...

I can't even imagine Avery being able to do that!

mostly I just love how her sleeper (which of course Avery has also) coordinates with your pink mixer. Cute!

HeatherM said...

what a good mom! I've never even thought to try & let either of my kids crack the eggs. I should let them. she is SO cute