5.18.2010

first sleepover!



after a few encouraging words about not trying too hard to play catch-up, but just blogging what's current, i've decided to take the advice. hopefully with time i will be able to slowly add in the missed moments from the past few months.

for now though, here's what's new...

grace had her first sleepover! she spent last thurdsday night at grama karen and grampa brad's house. to make it extra fun, auntie ness and uncle davie are back in town and were around for the night.
the little pink suitcase was mine from when i was little (or maybe tiffany's, but i'm not going to find out for sure since tiff will want it back if it's really hers!) grace packed some of her favorite things including a golf ball, her princess books, stuffed monkey, and thomas the train pillow. she was excited all day looking forward to her fun night.

it was fun to spend the evening with my mark. using the last of our wedding gift cards (yes, i've rationed them for that long) we roamed the mall and felt like big spenders.

our favorite frivolous purchase of the night?
this awesome set of poached egg pods-

the conversation always inevitably made it's way back to our girls. it was wonderful to know that grace was in a place where she's happy and loved.

the next morning we got the report that grace had a fabulous evening and slept soundly in her tiny bed next to grama and grampa.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

i love that bag!!

Hayley Marie said...

I totally remember that bag! Ahh I have so many good memories of all our sleepovers! I can't believe how grown up your little girl is getting :)

Alys said...

That is so fun that she can have a sleep over with grandma.
And, I can't believe you rationed your wedding gift cards! The poached egg pods look fun though.

Emily said...

I love nights with just me and the husband, but I love knowing that my kids are being watched by somebody who loves them even more. I have a hard time hiring teenage baby-sitters because I wasn't the best teenage baby-sitter...I like leaving my kids with family.

Jayson & Sara said...

I guess someone is making us poached eggs.