3.24.2011

Kaa

When Grace saw Vivienne for the first time we asked her if she wanted to sing her new baby sister a song. She started singing, "Trust in me, just in me ... shut your eyes, trust in me ..." It was awesome.

We have recently discovered that if Viv is fussy in the car we can turn Kaa's sweet song on she calms down. Immediately. Sometimes Grace will just announce that she is "hipmatizing" Viv and she will begin singing to her. If that doesn't work then she asks us to turn on Trust in Me. It always works. Still awesome! What a great movie that Jungle Book is.

Maybe if we play this song on repeat next to Viv's crib she will sleep through the night???

8 comments:

Emily said...

That is the funniest/cutest thing I've ever heard. I'm dying!

HeatherM said...

oh pu leeeease record that! i need to see that awesomeness. laughing over here! such a funny girl & cute!

Jessica said...

that's awesome!! maybe I should try that song...Char cries in the carseat no matter what and isn't sleeping through the night really yet either!

Jenny said...

i thought babies aren't supposed to sleep through the night until they are five years old? neither of my girls do yet ... i assume one day they will?

Brad and Karen said...

This post really can't be fully appreciated until one has had the opportunity to hear said song sung with Grace's lisp....she beats out Sterling Holloway every time!

whitney said...

i love it. jungle book is the best. i expect a performance from grace when we see you guys in santa cruz.

jillian said...

i am laughing so hard at this. especially with the accompanying photograph.

Alys said...

I laughed when I first heard of Grace singing this song. I need to hear it. Try to get it on film. That would be great!