3.26.2011

Valentine's Day 2011

I attempted this post a while back but for some reason my pictures were taking about three years to load. So here it is ... only a little over a month later :)

This is the first time I've ever purchased meat from the butcher. I always just buy the pre-wrapped stuff. The process intimidated me a bit so I stood around the counter for a while listening to other people order. Eventually I made my way up to the counter and tried to act like I knew what I was doing. Is it gross to see a picture of raw meat?
Delicious chocolate lava cakes in perfect heart ramekins. Thank you Karen ♥

Here are the yummiest things about our Valentine's Day 2011:
Viv's cute face. I love this squishy little girl.
My favorite Gracie girl enjoying her treat of choice, pink sorbet.
Viv throwing down her green bean filled spoon in disgust. She was not very pleased about being left out of the sweet festivities.

Brad and Karen hosted an adorable pink and red party a couple days before the actual holiday. Details here
We loved celebrating heart day with them.

On the 14th we cooked an amazing dinner at home. Put the kids to bed early, lit some candles, and ate the most delicious meal we've ever made. Petit filets with gorgonzola-porcini sauce, pear and almond salad, au gratin potatoes to rival those of Ruth's Chris, and the perfect sweet lava cakes to finish. So good.
It was a lovely day with the people I love the most.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

we just bought meat from a butcher for the first time too, so good!

Emily said...

That sounds AWESOME. Would you share your potato recipe?

Jenny said...

i'd love to share my recipe ... i went to foodnetwork.com (where i always go for recipes) and looked up a few different recipes for au gratin potatoes. then i took my favorite part of each recipe and combined them! i ended up using potatoes, heavy cream, gruyere, onions cooked in a bit of balsamic vinegar,fresh thyme, and butter. i layered it all in a dish with extra cheese on top. lame recipe, i know, but you really can't go wrong with heavy cream, cheese and butter:)

Jed said...

I want that lava cake. And those cupcakes you took to the party! They look delicious! You're family is so adorable and you are such a good mommy.

(This is Kaydence)

Alys said...

That sounds so gourmet. I am impressed!