4.07.2011

An afternoon with uncle Jared




Sunshine does wonders for the soul. You can see Jared relax as soon as the warmth hits his sweet face. The girls and I took a walk over to visit him the other day. We had a picnic in the backyard with Jare and Nana and took tons of pictures.
The tube on Jared's throat is a humidifier ... he's completely independent of all machines. He does an amazing job tracking with his eyes and has recently mastered rolling from side to side. Jared is definitely aware of his surroundings. We continue to pray that he will heal rapidly and be able to communicate with us. Nearly five months ago we were told he would never even breathe on his own again, so even the smallest step is a joyous accomplishment.
(The details of his accident are here on a blog that I am bad at updating, or you can visit his Facebook group here)
Jared is the best at giving butterfly kisses.

Here's a great vantage point to fully appreciate Viv ... I pretty much just kiss those roly-poly arms all day. Just wait until summer when she wears rompers and her legs are revealed:)

Grace wanted some jumping pictures. She found a tiny mud spot that kept her occupied for quite some time. Nothing like some good, squishy mud to tromp in. Also, check out her sweet sandals ... $3 on clearance at Wal-Mart!
It is becoming increasingly difficult to photograph Grace with a genuine smile. So I love this picture because she is mid laugh. Not that the cheesy smiles aren't cute, but you just want a real one every once and a while.

This is one of my favorite little Viv faces. She makes the sweetest little "O" mouth and an equally sweet "ooooo" sound to go with it.

5 comments:

HeatherM said...

really jen, you & your family are the only thing i miss about ca. your girly's are beyond prefect!

vanessa said...

oh wow, jared's progress is incredible! everyone must be so proud of him. looks like a happy day!

Emily said...

Wow your girls are gorgeous. I love those chubby arms! I've also really loved watching Jared's progress on facebook. I pray for him every night.

Alys said...

That one pic of Grace is so cute. I need to get a dslr camera.

vanessa said...

no privateeeee???? let the photostealing begin!! you better bring that watermark back asap.

-d