5.02.2011

sweets



I had a neat opportunity last weekend to make the desserts for GB high school's junior prom. My brother Jordan's girlfriend's sister (follow that?) was in charge of the dessert table and convinced the school to hire me. Joke's on them since I've never been paid to cook anything and I enjoy baking so much that I probably would have done it for free. With Grace as my sous chef, I made 130 mini cupcakes, 100 chocolate chip cookies, and 100 donut holes. I may have eaten 8 cupcakes, 10 cookies, and 12 donut holes in the process.
So ... know anyone else that wants to pay me to make dessert? I'm hooked.

10 comments:

Morgan said...

awesome job!! i bet they taste as good as they look too!!

Erika said...

Those look delish!

vanessa said...

woah, well done! you can consider yourself a professional now! that's awesome they let you do that, at most schools everything has to come shrink wrapped from a corporation or something. and also, i wake up wanting a cupcake for breakfast every morning but have to settle for buckwheat cereal with carrageenan-free rice milk. yes i have a new food sensitivity. so i'm glad someone is getting to eat them! and i love the peacock feathers!

Jessica said...

YUM! I would totally hire you if you were in AZ!

Gant and Ashley said...

ok, I am totally drooling right now! All those treats look so yummy! Lucky GBHS students.

Jed said...

Great Job Jenny! That looks phenomenal! You are one talented lady. And I should know, see, cause being without talents gives me ultimate authority to make that call. He he he :)

But seriously, they look superb.

Kaydence

Sook said...

Oh my goodness! Everything looks great, Jenny! I think you should start a cooking blog! lol!

Emily said...

Wow, I never knew you were a baker. This all looks amazing.

Hayley Marie said...

I'll take 2 of each, thank you very much.

John and Morgan said...

Everything looks so pretty! I wish I had a cool event to hire you fore. It looks like Pinky got quite the workout.