lemon buttercream frosting
1 stick butter
4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice (i used limeaid and it was heaven)
pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
with mark back in school, grace and i are left at home without a car. this means that i actually spend more time doing the things that i should be doing. i.e. putting away laundry (i always seem to have piles of clean, folded laundry everywhere) mopping the floor, having dinner on the table, etc. this also means that i indulge my inner martha stewart on a more regular basis.
as i was frosting this little cake it dawned on me that i love to bake. i like the creating process, the mess, i like the relatively fast results of something cute and yummy, but what i really love is that when i bake i feel like my mom.
5 comments:
looks YUMMY. we're down to one car ourselves. it's weird. but sadly, i'm not putting away laundry like i should be.
Did you say Lemon and Buttercream??? YUUUUM!
these look delicious! I am baking tonight and will soon add this to the list of things to make. thanks for sharing!
Oh, I LOVE that one car feeling...
I love baking, too. Since we don't eat sweets much anymore I'm always looking for an excuse to bake something. I take people stuff, or sign up for desserts at potlucks.
But I also like cooking in general, which is weird... something I never thought I would like. But, like you said, it's seeing something come together. And making something that makes other people happy!
These look so deliciouse!!! i love baking too ;-) and this gets me into trouble.
Congratulations on the age of pigtails ;-) She is so adorable and I can imagine how nice it is to put her hair back... I remember when Sonia reached that point. Aren't little girls the best!? I am hoping for another one soon... I really want all girls.
Post a Comment